Author Topic: ClearOS 6.0  (Read 8272 times)

Offline daveloper

• Baru Gabung
    • View Profile
ClearOS 6.0
« on: Friday, 18 February 2011, 02:19:07 »
:peace:

Selamat pagi! Nama saya Dave Loper. Saya presiden ClearFoundation. It was nice to chat with you all on facebook yesterday afternoon.

I'm sorry that I don't know much Bahasa yet. I am working on it and other languages. I wanted to tell you all thank you for making the ClearOS Indonesia community so wonderful. Terima kasih, for making me feel so welcome. There are a couple of things that we are working very hard to complete. Many of you know that we are working on ClearOS 6.0. The goal is to include a better linux kernel and new drivers to support more network cards, wireless, data and storage devices. In addition there are improvements to virtualization and performance. We also hope to have the 64 bit completed at the same time.

With 6.0 we have a new interface that allows for easier module development. I will post in this thread some development resources when we have them ready for the community.

I know that the language barrier is large right now for ClearOS and we want that barrier to be eliminated for this year. I know English is not a common language in Indonesia. My message to you is that you don't have to learn English in order to use ClearOS. We will make ClearOS better for Indonesia with your help, support, and contributions. We are implementing a translation server called 'Pootle' that will allow for community contribution of translated terms that will be part of ClearOS. The biggest translation priorities are the web interface and the user guide. We will also be working on the partner guide and other aspects. For this project we need volunteers and a few managers who are experts in both English and Bahasa Indonesian to approve the translation contributions.

We are testing with the pootle server right not to see if we can tie it in automatically to the build systems. Thank you for being patient. The nice thing about the pootle server is that it works both ways. For example, if the Indonesian community has a good hack for ClearOS we can translate it to other languages in the Pootle server.

Hello Guest! Replies in this topic have been hidden from view. You are currently missing 41 replies. Please register or login if you want to view the replies.